Self-study AP in 12th grade?

<p>My school is a small international school and doesn't offer many APs that I actually want.
So, for my junior year i self-studied for AP Macro. It went well, i think. But, I don't know if self-studying APs in 12th grade is such a good idea. I'm going to take AP Lit, AP Calc, and maybe AP Chem, which are offered at school.<br>
any opinion? help!</p>

<p>Do it if you want some more college credit or to show that you're pursuing your interests outside of class. It's not going to get you into a college or keep you out - it's just a slight +.</p>

<p>Well, if you're going to a college which accepts the ap credits, then go for it. 12th grade may be the best time to self study because it is zero risk. (Even if you get a bad score, it doesn't matter)</p>

<p>I would say go for it. =) The risk is small, as ninjacat says, but the rewards can be great. If you're truly fascinated by the subject, self-studying is definitely a good idea; don't let your school's offered courses limit your exploration of your interests.</p>

<p>It's not going to help you in college apps at all, since by the time AP tests are taken in 12th grade, colleges have already made decisions.
It's a small + or - in other cases but not in 12th. Just saying.
But you should still do it, I think.</p>

<p>
[quote]

It's not going to help you in college apps at all,

[/quote]
</p>

<p>If you say you're studying something outside of class that's relevant to your interests, I'm pretty sure it gives at least a little positive impression. Nothing substantial, but the mindset is there.</p>

<p>it'll have zero influence on apps.
you'll get credit though, and thats reason enough.</p>

<p>
[Quote]
If you say you're studying something outside of class that's relevant to your interests, I'm pretty sure it gives at least a little positive impression. Nothing substantial, but the mindset is there.

[/Quote]
</p>

<p>That's if you do it before senior year. However, by the time 12th grade APs come around you're already into college, so they won't see you have taken the AP test. I don't think you can just SAY that you are self-studying an AP test in 12th grade on your application, that's not going to do anything if you don't actually have scores to back it up. You might later decide not to, or get a 1 on the test. Colleges want to know what you HAVE done, not what you are supposedly GOING to do.</p>

<p>^Exactly. That's why I'm not going to self-study any next year.</p>

<p>I am also thinking of studying in UK. Most of the unis there require 3+ APs with grade 4 or 5.
Are the (school) APs i do in 12th grade counted since i'll only finish the exams in June? From what you have said, I understand that the outside-of-school APs won't be counted towards my apps.</p>

<p>thanks! =)</p>