Sending a Third Recommendation? Pizza

<p>I have an amazing mentor and CEO that has inspired me. She wrote a recommendation letter for me and emailed it to me in a pdf.</p>

<p>I'm worried about two things. The first is that her letter is not signed (since it's a pdf file obviously) and she didn't include her phone number -- only her fax and email. Is this ok?</p>

<p>Also, how should I send this letter? I am applying to several ivy/top schools and a few state schools. What would Yales/NYU's policies be.</p>

<p>Should I attach it somewhere as a supplement on the Commonapp, or print it out and email it to the colleges myself or ask her to print it out, sign it and email to all of the colleges?</p>

<p>What should I do with a third recommendation? I already have required ones from teachers. This is supplementary.</p>

<p>Some schools allow an optional third recommendation through commonapp. If they do, you can invite her just like you did with teachers/counselors and she will submit the rec online.</p>

<p>If that's not an option on commonapp, you should prepare envelopes with school addresses and stamps and give them to this person. She should print, sign, and send them. Oh a phone number would be good to add.</p>

<p>Sometimes sending an additional recommendation is discouraged, but particularly in a case where the letter hopefully offers a different perspective than any of your teachers had, it's worth sending anyway.</p>

<p>Agree with above. You will have to explain to her that recco's are never sent by the student, and always must be signed.</p>

<p>It's an additional essay from outside of school, so it should be fine. </p>

<p>I'm going to give her letters and stamps and ask her to send them, sign them and add a phone number.</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>