<p>CC is all about helping and advising ppl for college, so I want to give some advice to juniors who will be applying next year as seniors. (By the way, I am a senior). I am writing this b/c I myself regret somethings that I could have done junior year. Trust me, small things during junior year can mean ample time for senior college apps.</p>
<ol>
<li>FINISH all your SAT and ACT prep before/during junior year
-Take 1st official SAT/ACT January (NO MAY/JUNE scenario)
-RETAKE if necessary after January
-GET them all out of the way during junior year (I’m telling you, you’ll feel so overwhelmed if you wait senior year to retake them)
(Unless you’re super smart, follow these steps and you won’t be as stressed)</li>
<li>Get mainly A’s in your AP/honors classes (albeit atmost 1-2 Bs for the year)</li>
<li>Study for APs early on (review the topics that you study in class in your AP book and come exam time, you’ll have it all done! :))</li>
<li>JUNE: ASK your teachers to write recs </li>
<li>SUMMER: WRITE YOUR COLLEGE ESSAYS</li>
</ol>
<p>SENIOR YEAR= AWESOME, BLISS, HAPPINESS, PURE FOCUS IN CLASSES, FREEDOM!!!</p>
<p>I hope that some of you will like my set up here (although not chronically arranged).
Maybe this won’t guarantee admissions to UNC, but it will make you boost your chances and you’ll be convinced that you tried your best in the process. KUDOS :)</p>