Senior Year Grades

<p>I applied early decision and got a likely letter from Cornell Engineering. The acceptance letter comes in mid-December. My gpa at the time I applied was 3.5. Do I need to continue to maintain my grades this year or can I let senioritis take over? (it already has)</p>

<p>You got a likely letter? Are you an athlete?</p>

<p>Yeah I'm an athlete. I got the letter a couple days ago.</p>

<p>If you're an athlete, I'd say laze away! Just focus on your sport, and don't fail any classes. You're basically set to go if you have already signed with the school.</p>

<p>Congrats.</p>

<p>Don't completely laze away yet; you never know if Cornell will change their minds. I'd say maintain that GPA and work hard until first semester is over, THEN relax during second semester (not too much though).</p>

<p>You can relax a little, just don't go extreme. Primarily because it's not as easy as you think to switch from working hard to slacking to working hard again, and you will need to work hard once you get to Cornell.</p>

<p>Dude, be careful. Cornell will not tolerate slacking off. Your admission is conditional. I know someone who lost the spot when grades fell to Bs and Cs as it does affect the academic index of the recruited set.You are not dealing with a state school.</p>