set back from junior year?

<p>So I’m junior this year, and up until tomorrow I had been attending the North Carolina School of Science and Math. I stayed through midterm exams, but I decided the school simply wasn’t for me and will start back at my home school tomorrow. Since it’s so late in the year already, I’m in pretty easy classes for the rest of the semester, such as: Advanced Studies (some kind of senior math?), Psychology (online), AP English, Dance 3, and Creative Writing. Next semester I’ll pick back up in full swing with AP English, Psychology, AP Biology, Spanish 3, and Honors Civics. I also plans to take AP Statistics & AP Calculus to make up for not having a challenging math this year. Will this easy semester hurt my chances of getting into Carolina??? I’m an in-state, top 5%, honors/AP student. I just know that junior year is the most important year, and my first semester isn’t as rigorous as some of my competitor’s will be.</p>

<p>uh…anyone???</p>

<p>You will already be taking 9 classes this year. If your concentration is not much on math, then you are alright. Just be mindful that you do very well in all your class (are you able to handle it? some ppl can’t). </p>

<p>Your schedule looks challenging, so you are fine. It depends on your school. Talk with your counselor if other kids are taking more challenging classes than you.</p>

<p>Well, I’m in all of the hardest classes so I don’t think there is anyone taking more challenging classes. And yes, I am very capable of handling all of the work :slight_smile: haha</p>

<p>Application sounds good to me. SAT needs to be around 1900 if you can. Other than that I don’t think getting in should be an issue. Make sure your essays stand out.</p>

<p>^I agree
(UNC hopeful right here…hummm :< )</p>

<p>if you are in ncssm, don’t you automatically get into unc?</p>

<p>^That doesn’t necessarily occur anymore, but most NCSSSM students that apply to UNC are accepted.</p>

<p>^ true…if you work hard there…UNC eventually accepts a lot of students from NCSSM; albeit some going to State, but that’s still a very good option (if you’re thinking engineering-definitely good). So it seems you don’t really loose anything from your experience at NCSSM. :)</p>

<p>But despite the school’s caliber, if the OP didn’t like it, certainly nothing could have improved his/her performance or satisfaction. My favorite phrase is “Don’t regret a decision already made” b/c then you’re clouding your mind with obsolete thoughts. In the OPs case, he/she needs to focus on his/her HS and do well there. I’m sure the OP will get into a good school. :)</p>

<p>Thank you for everyone’s help!</p>