Short topic--blenders?

<p>S has requested a blender for this year at college. Any suggestions for a good one for a college student--not too big, not too small?</p>

<p>The only blender that doesn't leak when overfilled (and therefore make a godawful mess when actually used) is the Waring blender. You can often buy one used at a local appliance repair store.</p>

<p>Thanks, dmd. We've had good luck with our Cuisinart blender at home but that is the 2-part one with a food processor attachment that he doesn't need. Which Waring, I think there are many?</p>

<p>MY mother is still using the Waring blender she bought to grind baby food for my >50 year old sister! Mine is over twenty. I would go with the most basic model; they are fairly pricey.</p>

<p>I swore by my blender under I got a smoothie blender for Christmas, That stick that you can use to stir, and the dispenser in front--all very handy. It is really just a modified blender, but seems more functional and easier to dispense from. I will check the brand and post later when I am back home. It is sturdy, held up to teen abuse, and was NOT any more pricey than a basic blender.</p>

<p>Watch out for the classic metal based waring blendor, the one with only two speeds. Had one in a rental last year, and launched many a blender full of stuff all over the counter because the low setting is still too high. Worse, it is easy to go from low to high instead of off, making a mess a disaster.</p>

<p>Not good, and even worse when it is hot soup you're pureeing and the stuff slops over your hand which is still on the switch. At least the burn was only first degree.</p>

<p>If this is for a college kid pad, BUY CHEAP. You never know what a roomie will try to do with it.</p>