Should I accept my returning offer?

<p>I am a rising junior (math/econ major) who is interning at a Fortune 100 company, and I work in strategic sourcing. My colleagues are all former supply chain consultants from the major consulting firms. I performed well above expectations this summer (in terms of realized savings achieved from my work), and I was extended an offer to return next summer with the promise of a full-time offer that is above entry-level title and pay (think senior analyst instead of just analyst). I had decided about 3/4's ways through my internship that I should try out something different next summer (new firm/new business field), but my boss's boss sat me down last week and extended me the offer of skipping an entry-level position with them, post graduation. I think that changes the calculus of my decision, and I am tempted to accept.</p>

<p>Would it be worth my while to respectfully decline the offer and pursue an alternative internship next summer at a new firm and/or business unit? Any thoughts?</p>

<p>If you like the work and pay take it. Any reason you want to do something new?</p>

<p>you are turning down a guaranteed job for the chance to maybe get a different job. You should have a reason to justify making that decision.</p>

<p>If you liked the place you were, and liked the people, the smart decision is to stay. But if you were really bored, or hated the work, or the people were obnoxious, then it might be best to look elsewhere.</p>