I have recently transferred from my (T25) state school to a T3 LAC and I must say, the experience is far from what I expected. I’m wondering if it is worth applying as a spring transfer to a mid-sized school with more of a research presence. I’d be entering as a second semester sophomore and I intend on studying neuroscience/cogsci with pre-med.
Here is a little more about me:
SAT: 1560 (single sitting)
SAT II: 800 Math 2, 770 Chem
handful of APs, mostly 4s and 5s
My GPA was 3.9+ until 2nd semester senior year; I don’t think this will be much of a hindrance with a year of college already under my belt.
GPA at state school: 3.99 taking basically the most rigorous schedule I could. I’m also taking a heavy credit load this semester.
I had significant extracurriculars at my state school, but have yet to get involved in much since transferring (the semester only started a month or so ago).
My recommendations were very strong. Again, I don’t think it would be possible to get recommendations from faculty at my current school.
The reasons that compelled me to leave my state school still hold true, so I am wary of transferring back. That being said, my tentative list is:
It seems more prudent to wait until the spring, but transferring now will probably be less jarring than when I have fully settled in here. Please advise.