Should I apply to colleges I probably don't have a chance to get into?

<p>I failed APUSH and now my gpa isn't a 3.00...I might get it up to a 3.00 but I wanted to go to a UC after high school but now I heard transferring from a community college saves money so I might do that....I was thinking of applying to a couple of UCs and CSUs but why should I apply when I have to write an essay and might not get accepted?
I want to get my BA eventually but I thought you could only get them from UCs and now I hear you could get them from CSUs also so I don't know what to apply to.I'm class of 2013 so I still have time but I haven't taken my SAT/ACT yet but what's the point if I might transfer after going to a CC? </p>

<p>Sent from my SPH-M910 using CC</p>

<p>Well obviously you know you can't apply to Berkeley, but yeah I'd go for the lower UCs and CSUs and then work your way up if you still want a stronger university.</p>

<p>And don't say anything is impossible because I thought the same thing and</p>

<p><---</p>

<p>Wow that's what I hear I a lot but I thought UCLA was more competitive and I was thinking of San Diego but I live closer to berkeley and riverside and merced id probably have a chance but I didn't even know those 2 cites existed.</p>

<p>@}~'~-</p>

<p>Apply everywhere you want to go. All you lose if you don't get in is the application fee, and there's always the chance you'll get lucky. As the great Wayne Gretzky said, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.</p>

<p>Sit down with your guidance counselor, and find out what your options are. That person should have good ideas for you.</p>

<p>Apply to every school that interests you!!!!
Try your best in your SATs ,and you may have a chance of acceptance even at UC Berkley.</p>

<p>Definitely. You have 0% chance of an acceptance if you don't apply right? -wink-</p>

<p>A friend has his Harvard rejection letter framed ,hung over his toilet .</p>

<p>That is hilarious because I was thinking about applying to Harvard just to get the rejection letter also!</p>

<p>I don't want to go to school with a well known name or anything fancy just a college in my state that won't have everyone that got 4.00s in HS..I'm not into name schools a degree is a degree why pay more if you can do the same with it...but thanks I'll atleast try applying atleast they'll resond...with a reject letter :/ I heard some school's reject letters let you down easy</p>

<p>@}~'~-</p>

<p>I live in Texas and there is no way I would/could go to Harvard even if I were accepted. I'm gonna apply anyway though.</p>

<p>Failing a history course may cause UC and/or CSU to auto-reject you if you would no longer meet the minimum (a-g) subject requirements (UC[/url</a>], [url=<a href="http://www.csumentor.edu/planning/high_school/subjects.asp%5DCSU%5B/url%5D">http://www.csumentor.edu/planning/high_school/subjects.asp]CSU</a>) or GPA and test score minimum requirements.</p>

<p>If you still meet the minimum subject requirements and GPA and test score minimum requirements, check the campus profiles and ask your counselor which UC and CSU campuses you would have a realistic chance of admission.</p>

<p>Honestly, spending time and money applying to schools you knw you don't have a shot at probably means you have too much of both.</p>

<p>There's a game colleges play that I've never quite understand why kids go along with-- they encourage kids who won't get in to apply so they can have a lower acceptance rate, be even more desirable, and have an even lower acceptance rate.......where will it stop?</p>

<p>There's no reason why you shouldn't apply. For colleges on the higher end of the ranking lists, the focus becomes a lot more subjective than it is objective. Sure, you may have a guaranteed acceptance to some community college off of GPA and SAT scores alone; but you'll find out that for schools like UC Berkeley, they tend to place a heavy emphasis on the ECs and essays after a certain threshold has been met. My best advice to you is that you should just make sure your objective numbers remain in the median 50%. If those numbers are in that range, then just go for it.</p>

<p>I'm going to have to make up U.S. since its required to graduate but I'm pretty much done with the a-g and with the recommended yrs</p>

<p>@}~'~-</p>