Should I apply to CSOM or CAS?

Rising senior here. I think my academics are generally good (3.83 UW, 4.4 W), and my ACT is strong for BC (34), plus I have leadership and work experience in some business-related extracurriculars, but I had a relatively weak grade in precalculus this year (82). Should I apply for CSOM, or should I just apply to CAS? I’ve read about and am well-aware of the grim prospects for internal transfers in Carroll, and I think I’d be basically happy majoring in philosophy in CAS, but if at all possible, I’d want to go into Carroll as well and dual major. I’m just wondering if I would screw my application by doing so.

check out the BC website - MCAS students can minor in some business disciplines in Carrol. This may be of interest. Minors - Carroll School of Management - Boston College

You should, however, apply to the school that mosts interests you, not the one that you think may be an easier admit. I know a student with a 31 ACT who was accepted to Carroll and one with a 34 who was rejected from Morrisey. There is no easy admit at BC, no matter what school you apply to. Good luck!!

2 Likes

CSOM is extremely competitive. Depends on how much risk you’re willing to take.