Should I be worried?

<p>I used to be a really good student back in junior high where I was the top 3 student in my school but I had let it get to me, and along with soccer which really distracted me seeing how I spent no less than 4 hours at the court everyday instead of attending lectures, my grades started tumbling when I started senior high.</p>

<p>The thing is I am a US citizen, residing in Singapore where I graduated with a High School Diploma in Chemical Engineering, with a really bad gpa of 1.9.</p>

<p>Honestly I am viewing this as my second chance at studying, and I'd really like to major again in chemical engineering but I don't know if I should be positive about my chances at being admitted to a university like the University of Minnesota, Duluth to study Chem Eng.</p>

<p>I will be coming back to the states this august to enrol in a community college before applying to transfer to the UMD's sophmore.</p>

<p>Maybe the reason why I am worried is because I have to submit my high school gpa results (1.9), and that itself is worrying.</p>

<p>I know I won't screw up this time. I've learned my lesson, but help! Should I be honestly worried?</p>

<p>I think if you go to a community college first, and get a certain number of credits (with good grades) you won't have to submit your high school grades.</p>

<p>Look at the req'ts for the various 4 year colleges that you're interested in. They will say what they require from transfer students.</p>

<p>You'll want to check the specifics of the schools you want to transfer to, but I believe if you attend a CC for two years, only those grades are considered.</p>

<p>Best of luck!</p>

<p>going to community college for 2 years will make your high school grades moot... at most schools at least</p>