In December, I took the SAT for the third and my hopefully final time. However, I made a bubbling error in the test, which resulted in my scores only being reported AFTER the January test. For this reason and the uncertainty of my scores, I had to take it in January again, and got even better scores than my December sitting.
Should I have my GC mention this in my application as I’ve heard that taking the SAT 4 times is excessive?
Let it go. If your colleges allow score choice, unless your HS lists all scores on your transcript, they won;t know that you took the SAT 4X. Even if they do, in the grand scheme of things, that’s not something I’d worry about.
As long as the schools you apply to have score choice, you shouldn’t worry about the fact that you have taken it four times.
@yonceonhismouth @skieurope
I will actually apply to schools (Ivies, Stanford, UCs) that do NOT offer score choice. Does that change anything?
Some schools might think you’re a little too focused on test scores because you’ve taken it 4 times, but honestly, I don’t think it will impact you that much. If your end result is a good score, I wouldn’t worry about it IMO. It is what it is. Just focus on the other parts of your application.
No. FYI, some Ivy League schools do allow score choice and most UC applications do not require or want a GC rec. Since the GC cannot tailor the rec by school for the Common App, why call it out for the schools that do accept score choice.
This is patently false, in my experience. Don’t worry about it at all.