Should I just pray for luck at this point???

<p>Just did a practice test and missed 5 in english and 2 in reading. The reading mistakes were really dumb and two of the writing mistakes were pretty careless. My question is, if I am doing that well, what is it I can do to get into that 35-36 range, is it just some luck on exam day whether I make as many careless errors or miss those two questions. </p>

<p>My problem is that I can't justify studying even more, when i am only missing some 2-4 questions in sections.</p>

<p>Well, the way i see it, the thing with the ACT is that the difference in composite score really only depends by a few questions (i.e. the difference between a 34 and a 35 can be a 2 question difference)</p>

<p>I'd say it's all about how you do on test day, with some added luck of course.</p>

<p>So i shouldn't worry since colleges most likely know about the finickiness of the ACT, in the sense that as you stated, 2 questions seperates a 34 from a 35</p>

<p>You say it's careless errors that you know you won't make again (totally been there) but that's in hindsight. How do you know you won't do it again?</p>

<p>Chances are, WikiMan, you're probably gonna make careless mistakes (maybe a few, maybe quite a bit) on the Real ACT. Also, you're probably gonna take it more than once as well. I'm taking my first real ACT this Saturday, and plan to retake it a few times, hopefully being really lucky on one test. That is, of course, if i don't get like a 33+ on my first try lol.</p>

<p>Careless mistakes are unfortunate, but with time limits they happen. The best you can do now is just try to minimize those mistakes the best you can and rely on luck for the rest of it.</p>