Should I retake? (SAT/ACT)

<p>Here are my stats for the ACT/SAT; should I retake either/both? </p>

<p>SAT
800 Math
780 Reading
600 Writing </p>

<p>1580/1600
2180/2400</p>

<p>Im mainly concerned about the writing here; should I retake to get a 700+?</p>

<p>ACT
36 Math
33 Science
32 Reading
30 English
33 Composite</p>

<p>I only took the ACT because it is required at my school, and I wasn't very familiar with the format on test day. should I retake for a 34-35?</p>

<p>Thanks for the feedback :)</p>

<p>yes u should</p>

<p>maybe... if u want</p>

<p>Could you be more specific?</p>

<p>If it might put you above others in admissions then due it, i would suggest retaking the ACT to get a 34-35 since you have a better chance of getting a ner perfect score on that than the SAT</p>

<p>Don't need to retake the ACT. But SAT 2200+ really helps your resume.</p>

<p>Retake the SAT - Writing's an easy one to study for so you'll be able to pull it up.</p>

<p>Yes, try to raise that writing score over 700. A 2180 is a typical score. Try to get as close as you can to perfect! If not, you parents are going to send you to a boarding school in Iceland where you will be eaten by big penguins.</p>

<p>Ivies (which I assume you have a shot at) and other top schools who consider all three sections closely look at the writing score. Taking SAT again would be a good idea.</p>

<p>The SAT would be a good one to retake for that writing score. But as for the ACT, a 33 is really good. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, keep in mind that many schools will only require Math and English from the SAT, so writing isn't as critical, usually. It depends upon which schools you are shooting for. Anything like HYPSM you should look at getting higher on the SAT and the ACT, but even then it isn't necessary because the middle 50% for Ivies is usually 660-760 and 30-34. Ivy</a> League SAT Scores - Compare SAT Scores for Ivy League Schools
Ivy</a> League ACT Scores - Compare ACT Scores for Ivy League Schools</p>

<p>If you do so well in CR you should be able to do better in W.</p>