Should I retake the ACT?

<p>I just got my scores in the mail (CA) from the September test. This was the first time I took the ACT. I got a 33 composite (35 Math, 34 English, 31 Reading, 32 Science) and I am shooting for the Ivies (Penn,Harvard), UC's (UCLA, Berkeley), Stanford, and other top tier schools. Should I retake the ACT for these schools?
Thanks for your help</p>

<p>Is this the second time you took the ACT?</p>

<p>@needstostudy
First time</p>

<p>For your first time, your scores are perfectly fine. However, it usually weighs more on your application if your other stats are low. What are your EC's, GPA, ect?</p>

<p>BTW, did you edit the beginning post or did i completely miss the 'first time' part? lol.</p>

<p>How could you get your scores in the mail alreadY??</p>

<p>@needstostudy
I have fairly good EC's (nothing special, but I did do some research at a major Research institute), Weighted GPA: 4.5
also I didnt edit it lol</p>

<p>@cortana431
I just got them today?</p>

<p>Your score is perfectly fine in my opinion. The only reason I'd say to retake it is the fact that it was your first time, and most people score higher on these tests on their second time.</p>

<p>Don't you need to take ACT plus Writing for top tier schools???</p>

<p>@izelkay
That was my thought process as well, and I that I can definitely improve my score. Thanks for your reply.</p>

<p>@chipsahui
I did take the ACT with Writing, however I have not received my writing score yet.</p>

<p>That's an impressive score. If you take it a second time it may be a 34+</p>

<p>mmk. Well 33 is fine fir UC's and not bad at all for the Ivies. Probably would look better if you got a 34+ but it's not totally necessary</p>

<p>Do any of your potential schools superscore? If so, you might want to take it again, just on the chance that a couple of your subsections go up, as that will improve your superscore composite.</p>

<p>33 is terrible for ivies. If you want any shot at getting accepted into Harvard, you need at least a 35 composite and 800s on all of your subject tests. Unless your black or your dad is the president. </p>

<p>Nah, jk. But I wouldn't go through the hassle of taking it again, considering that there really is not much more you can do to prepare yourself. I would focus on other tests/things you can be doing (maybe subject tests or essays) instead.</p>