Should I retake the S.A.T's if applying as a Junior?

<p>Exactly what the question says: In h.s i got a 1670/2300 or something like that. I'm applying as a junior to some pretty good schools (U.Va William and Mary ) schools like that. AS A JUNIOR. My gpa in college is a 3.7 and everything else is great, actually, awesome. But i'm afraid of my h.s record and sat. What should i do?
Thank you</p>

<p>Hey, I'm applying to both those schools in the spring, too. Where are you going right now? (I know if you're in Virginia, UVA supposedly gives you more of a chance than out-of-state students.) Your HS record probably won't count that much if you're applying as a junior, but it might be worthwhile to retake the SATs. I'd say you should try to aim for at least a 1900 if you can.</p>

<p>But if you specifically ask, there might be a policy that will let you opt out of sending SATs if you're transferring as a junior. I don't know about all schools' policies, though.</p>

<p>Don't bother. SATs and High School grades are essentially useless if you're a Junior transfer. After all the SATs are a College Entrance/Placement exam, however you'll already have completed 2 years of college course work.</p>