Should I retake the SAT and ACT

<p>First and foremost my grades were about a 3.5 cum. for my freshman and sophmore year, a 3.6 1st semester of junior year and just finished junior year with a 4.1 (2 ap classes, english, and us history) and taking 4 ap classes next year, and i am african american.
my sat scores and act scores are 1590/2400 on sat and 26 composite on act (dont know my writing) and i havent takin the subject tests.</p>

<p>my question is would i need to retake any of these to get into UCSB (im a california resident), or say USC or U of Michgan at ann arbor? and what colleges would be in reach for me</p>

<p>th</p>

<p>Your GPA is probably good enough for UCSB but your SAT scores are well below the average for admitted freshmen there and UCs can not consider URM status in admissions. Your SATs are also on the low side for the University of Michigan and USC but I do not know how they handle URM applicants. Your SAT scores would be competitive for most CSUs and a CSU might be your best option as a California resident since you would be able to pay in-state tuition.</p>

<p>ok thanks, any other oppinions?</p>

<p>and what exactly is URM? underep. minority?</p>

<p>I would advise retaking at least one of those. </p>

<p>Yes, URM is under-represented minority.</p>