Should I Risk It?

<p>Okay, I've taken both the ACT and the SAT twice. I have gotten:</p>

<p>SAT; 2010, 2150
ACT; 30, 33 (both w/ writing, got a 7 on writing)</p>

<p>The first time I took each test I did not study or know the test at all. The second time for each I spent about a week preparing.</p>

<p>If I'm looking at colleges like Yale and WUSTL, I want to raise my test scores a little bit. They are both within the middle 50% for each school, but they could be much stronger. However, I'm worried about taking them again and by some chance getting a lower score (even though I'll have done more prep). Wouldn't this pretty much ruin my chances at Yale, since they do not do Score Choice?</p>

<p>Is it worth the risk? I'll be putting quite a bit of time into my prep, but you never know, maybe the questions on the test will be harder for you than the last time...</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>I would definitely risk it. Just start studying asap. I am sorry but 2150 is not great for yale. My friend got rejected from Yale with 2320 near 4.0 gpa Unw and even took college math as a sophomore. If you do not want to study for the SAT then I highly recommend improving on EC's</p>

<p>Also it would help if you posted what year you were/ your gpa. If your GPA is high enough maybe you focus less on the SAT and more on ECs</p>

<p>Personally, I think there are better things to use your time for (the SAT is one of the least important parts I think, below ECs and GPA). You should maybe use your time to work on your essay or volunteer or something.</p>

<p>The SAT is a very important part of a student's application. I have a ton of friends who had higher gpas than me, but poor SAT scores, and they didn't end up getting into the majority of the schools they applied to. If you're aiming for schools like Yale or WUSTL, you need to hit the 2200 mark. A 33 is not a bad score for the ACT. I'd suggest that you study up for the ACT once more and aim for 35-36.</p>

<p>Your scores are good, but frankly they are a little weak for Yale and other schools of that level. However, you do seem to be improving with study, and I see no reason why your scores should drop. I would study as much as you can for each test and aim for the highest scores you can get on each one.</p>