Hi, so this may be a lot of information so I’ll try to cut it down as much as possible. I’m a community college transfer student who is about to begin my first quarter at UCI. Unfortunately, my experience with the college so far has been an absolute nightmare. The financial aid department has been sending me multiple different verification tasks since June, and is still requesting more information from me. They haven’t been helpful with the process at all, and it’s looking like I might have to pay my first tuition payment out of pocket to prevent myself from being dropped from my classes because they haven’t been able to complete my file on time for the deadline. They also moved one of my classes from on campus to online and didn’t even send me and email or any sort of notification telling me. This is a huge pain, because I am a commuter, and now I only have one on campus class which means I will be driving 45+ minutes to take a single 50 minute class. Also, I’ve decided to change my major to communications, but the only communications major that the college offers seems to be communications and journalism, which is not what I wanted. (Sidenote: why would such a huge college not offer one of the most basic majors?) In addition to all of this, I’m stuck with a schedule full of classes that I’m not content with, but it’s too late for me to pick anything else. Because of all this, I’m genuinely not even looking forward to attending UCI anymore.
At this point I’m infuriated with the school and regretting my choice. Assuming the financial aid situation gets cleared out, which is still up in the air, I’m still stuck because they don’t seem to offer a major that I want anymore, plus after the entire financial aid fiasco I’ve lost all respect for the college. But should I transfer? My idea was to transfer somewhere else in the spring but all the deadlines have ended. So should I stick with the college for this year then transfer somewhere else? I’ve been hearing it’s hard to transfer anywhere once you’ve gotten accepted into a UC, which worries me. To be clear, I don’t care if it’s a UC or a CSU that I potentially transfer to, I just don’t want to go to this college anymore. What should I do?