<p>Hi Everyone (and happy holidays as well)</p>
<p>I am in a confusing situation currently and I was hoping for some input as to what I should do.</p>
<p>I am currently a freshman at Caltech and I am considering transferring. A pro's and con's list follows (of my experience at Tech):</p>
- I do get along quite well with my House and am well liked.
- The workload isn't crushing me and I'm passing all my classes with not too much effort.
- I really like the weather.
- LA (when I do occasionally get outside Pasadena) is awesome.
- The work is interesting
- I get to play as many sports as I wish (I'm extremely athletic for Tech standards)
- I do enjoy being around lots of intelligent people
- I do have alot of opportunities to do research if I wish (just emailing people)</p>
- The size feels clausterphobic at times.
- The focus also feels clausterphobic at times.
- I don't want to go to graduate school (at least not in a technical subject anymore)
- On campus recruiting is incredibly weak
- There are times where literally everyone is working (doors closed) for days.
- My other interest (economics) has very sparse course offerings.
- Clubs, organizations, etc. are sparse.</p>
<p>Basically, my concern is that I no longer want to work in research when I'm older but I do like studying science. So, alot of the attractions that Caltech enticed me with no longer seem as attractive now that I have decided against academia and I don't really enjoy lab work. What do you guys think?</p>