So seriously, how hard is the MATH Placement Test for someone helpless at math??

<p>I know a lot of people said it's easy, buuuut math and I aren't exactly friends..I got a 590 on the math section in the SAT but I'm generally decent at math at my school. also, the course I took didn't go beyond intro to calculus. sooo. am I screwed? are the questions very SAT-ish? or are they very basic? do you guys also recommend that I study a lot for it?</p>

<p>They're actually more SAT II Math II-ish. Most questions were definitely easier, but then again, you're not supposed to use a calculator. There's no calculus so don't worry about that, but it does go over a good deal of precalculus and stuff.</p>

<p>Brush up on the material if you feel you need to.</p>

<p>wrong area. :D</p>

<p>any trig? because I had the same question.</p>

<p>lets see, i took it about two weeks ago.. i have never done calculus at school, i only went up to pre-calc honors and then IB math studies and Ap stats. but i got like 750 on SAT math section. and i got 40/40 on this math placement test. so what im trying to say is that you will be fine! i basically have no calculus knowledge and i got 100%..</p>

<p>what's the highest math you can place into?</p>

<p>I believe the highest is Math 118/125 which is Calc I.</p>

<p>I know for some colleges you don't have to take placement tests if you score a 4 or a 5 on AP exams. Is that the case with USC?</p>

<p>you don't need any calc for it; its all pre-calc and stuff similar if not easier than the stuff on the SATs</p>

<p>The highest you can place into is Calc 3, MATH-226</p>

<p>Hawkwings, you're referring to AP credit. According to USC</a> ARR : Articulation : AP Exam Credit at USC, you can be waived from the Math 126 prerequisite, which frees you to take Math 226 immediately. With the online placement test, the highest you can place is Math 118/125. I've confirmed it with an advisor. It doesn't have any Calculus so it's not capable of placing you into anything but Calculus 1 or lower.</p>

<p>For future applicants or people who still need to take the test, here's a basic overview of what's on the test, USC</a> Testing Bureau. Note that those numbers are not the number of problems from that subject area on the test.</p>

<p>uscorberekley, check the link in my previous post for AP credit information.</p>

<p>nourmom, the link I just posted answers your question. Yes, there are trig problems.</p>