Some people say to put EC Awards under honors, others say no. Which one is it?

<p>I have been researching by going on different CC threads that have similar topics that I do about what classifies as academic honors and what not. I remember one thread where a person asked if like a HOSA or DECA competition placement went under academic honors and a poster replied yes it did. </p>

<p>Then I went on another thread and a similar question was asked, except the poster replied to put the awards on the Activities page.</p>

<p>Which one is it?</p>

<p>And yes I checked the MIT webpage on it, but I'm still confused :[</p>

<p>(what would Girls State fall under?)</p>

<p>In addition, I am very involved in robotics at my school and co wrote a grant with my robotics sponsor and we got it! What would that fall under? lol</p>

<p>Good question I'd like to know for DECA too.</p>

<p>This is what I'm doing, but you might not find this a good way to reflect your accomplishments.</p>

<p>In EC section, I have a basic format:
leadership position - responsibilities - level of recognition
Example: Executive President - coordinated events between local chapters - international honors</p>

<p>In awards/honors, I only mentioned my most recent DECA honor.
Example: DECA Financial Literacy Project -1st place (filled in the bubble for level of recognition)</p>

<p>And I'm planning to attach an additional brag sheet with a list of all honors and awards for DECA and other activities. This sheet contains more details of my influence in DECA and specific projects (secured chapter sponsorships of $0000, developed line of communication for statewide chapter presidents, created new chapter website, etc).</p>

<p>I think a concise brag sheet is a great way to highlight specific projects that you would not be able to fit into the common app. So here would be a good place to include the robotics sponsorships and such.</p>

<p>Hope that helped!</p>

<p>That sounds like a good way to do it drunkofdreams. Like actual competition stuff goes in awards and a bit more general in the EC section.</p>