Soon to be senior, what are my chances for the best of the best?

<p>Hey guys, I’m in Davis, CA. I go to a fairly good high school. moved to the states in 9th grade</p>

<p>about 4.3 GPA (no Bs yet =) )
critical reading: 800, writing:780, math: 720 (2300 overall)</p>

<p>AP scores:
5- Chemistry
5- Music theory
5- Bio</p>

<p>SAT 2 scores:
800-Chinese
800-Math 2
790-Chemistry
790-Biology</p>

<p>Fluent in Chinese. Play tennis on varsity. Clarinet is a big passion. Founder of club at school (and VP). Science Bowl. Science tutor.</p>

<p>The thing is, most schools im shooting for are really competetive: stanford yale harvard, etc.</p>

<p>What are my chances?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance!
ps. im new here and this board is just AWESOME</p>

<p>Your stats are good. Your schools are super-selective. You have about as much of a chance as any student who hasn’t cured cancer or who doesn’t come from a rich/influential family. At that level – the Ivies, Stanford – it’s almost a crap-shoot. But go for it anyway: you certainly won’t get in if you don’t apply. Just make sure you also have some ‘safeties’ you feel good about.</p>

<p>I think you are a really good candidate for Stanford, Yale and Harvard. For you I really believe the essay will be key. Obviously you are a very good student. Your essay needs to talk about your passion in life. Is it the clarinet? The club you started? Why did you start that club, what did you learn about yourself during that experience.<br>
Good Luck!
chance back, thanks
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/545209-valedictorian-chance.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/545209-valedictorian-chance.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I think you have good chances at HYS, but include some less selective UCs or other match/safeties as well.</p>

<p>I think you have a chance at the competitive schools like yale etc. but you have to do something that makes you stand out. For example, since u say clarinet is your passion what did u do to extend your passion. For me, euphonium is my passion. I joined band for 8 years. Tutor middle school students (done after school) for about 3 hrs per week. I travel to various parts of Asia to perform in this honor band. So try to extend your passion.</p>