Sophomore AP's

<p>as an incoming sophomore how many AP's should i attempt if i want to go to harvard/ivies?</p>

<p>20+.</p>

<p>(word count)</p>

<p>you should take all AP's your sophomore year.</p>

<p>my school dosen't allow sophomores or freshmen to take AP courses, so i would be independently studying for the exams. taking five or six AP's on top of all honors courses would be suicide.</p>

<p>I'm taking 4 classes and self studying 3 (or 4)...</p>

<p>Don't worry about it - if there's something you're really interested in that your school doesn't offer or that won't fit into your schedule then self-study, but don't do it just for admissions.
Whether or not you take APs your sophomore year shouldn't make or break admissions anywhere, just take the most rigorous course load available to you (that you can handle) and you should be fine. Plus, if you overloaded this year and didn't get in that would be really bad.</p>

<p>I'm taking one.</p>

<p>more than your classmates</p>

<p>If you don't get AP National Scholar after sophomore year, you pretty much screwed up your chances of getting into an Ivy.</p>

<p>Please ask this in the AP forum where you won't get joke responses. Friendly tip.</p>

<p>If they're your first AP tests ever, I would take tons of time not only studying the material but going through the actual format of the test (see the collegeboard AP website, and find the practice free-response questions to use as tests for yourself after you start studying). How much you should self-study entirely depends on how much you think you can handle, and even more, which subjects you pick (because not all AP subjects are alike in difficulty). Most of all, relax on going to Harvard/Ivies...they're overrated.</p>

<p>I took the most out my class with three. European history, Chemistry, and Human Geography. I had Physics B at the start of the year, but dropped it because it was too difficult.</p>

<p>I wouldn't take AP Chemistry. If your school doesn't offer an AP History class to sophomores, then don't take that, either. </p>

<p>Just take what you are allowed to, and self-study Human Geography and Psychology.</p>

<p>The APs at my school available tothe typical sophomore is 3: AP Statistics, AP Calculus AB, AP World History. </p>

<p>So you should probably do 2 or 3.</p>

<p>I'm taking one. The most you could really take at my school as a sophomore is 3 [if you took an AP language, AP compsci and AP European history, but to take the compsci and euro you'd have to take an extra class as compsci generally replaces history]. As I am not taking compsci and I'm only in French 2 [the french department is crazy so french isn't considered "AP" until you get to like french 6], the only AP i will be taking is AP modern euro.
Of course, AP Lit is required junior year. ah well.</p>

<p>I took 1 ten char</p>