Sorry if this is a silly question, but what should I wear to shadow a doc?

<p>I'm shadowing a doctor tommorow and Im not sure if I should dress up (nice blouse/black pants) or go more casual...im not sure what the norm is...i just dont want to be inappropriately informal, but i also dont want to stand out because im too dressed up..</p>

<p>I would say dress to how you might expect a doc to be dressed - I think a nice blouse/black pants would be perfect. Just a Mom opinion though.</p>

<p>thanks
thats what my mom suggested too :)</p>

<p>There is a data out there that patients, when interacting with a physician they don't know, feel most comfortable when they are dressed professionally, which means a tie for men and the equivalent for women. (Women get away with ALOT more in this regard). I realize you're not in the same role, but you are an unknown, and professional wardrobe will likely decrease the chances that patients ask you to leave the room.</p>

<p>Comfortable shoes.</p>

<p>get a white coat with a stethoscope.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I realize you're not in the same role, but you are an unknown, and professional wardrobe will likely decrease the chances that patients ask you to leave the room

[/quote]

Yes - my daughters casual wear of jeans and hoodie would not be a good choice.</p>

<p>I wore a nice dress shirt and jeans. :-&lt;/p>

<p>Nice clothing as you have described. Speak politely and properly. Respect patient's privacy.</p>

<p>-- the doc opinion</p>

<p>thanks guys..leaving in 5 min. but im wearing tennis shoes with my black pants :o because the only other shoes i havev make too much noise :)</p>