Spanish undergraduate applying to Columbia M.A.

<p>Hello everyone! </p>

<p>I am a Spanish student finishing my undergraduate degree (English Philology) this year. In my region there are some scholarships to do a Masters degree in the US and, of course, I'm very interested in asking for them! I am not that familiar with the US admission system, so I would like you to give me any piece of advice you may consider relevant. What I have to offer to the university is:
1. Average grades of 94 (over 100).
2. Non-academic activities: football referee for three years, amateur rugby player for one year, singer at the University choir for one semester.
3. I coursed most of my degree in the University of Santiago de Compostela (among the oldest and most famous ones in Spain), plus one year in the University of Salamanca (more or less the same) and an exchange-programme year in the University of Vienna.
4. I can add to the diversity of the campus because I'm Spanish, and if I ever go to a US university would be with Spanish funding. </p>

<p>I have to add that I would be particularly interested in a M.A. in comparative literature at Columbia University. </p>

<p>Thank you in advance!</p>

<p>As an Intl. applicant, you won't be considered a URM, so any diversity you provide would be within the Intl. pool. Truthfully, I'm not sure how much diversity is sought at the graduate level, my guess would be much less than for UG.</p>

<p>One thing that is definitely in your favor is having funding from Spain. Sorry I can't help more, here on CC most information is for UG degrees. You might want to check out the Grad school and Intl. Students forums and post there.</p>

<p>Try here: Graduate</a> School - College Confidential</p>

<p>Since you have your own funding, the only issue is admissions. The professors at the universities where you have studied have professional contacts in the US, and all of them may have good suggestions for you. You also could pay a visit to the EducationUSA advising center closest to you EducationUSA</a> - Center Profile - Commission for Cultural, Educational and Scientific Exchange between the United States and Spain and ask for help. The counselors there can help you with the whole application process.</p>


<p>Thanks a lot guys! Muchas gracias!</p>