Sparknotes' Seven Deadly Screw-Ups enough?

<p>If I seriously study the Sparknotes' Seven Deadly Screw-ups, will that be enough to get a perfect writing MC? That is to say, does it cover all of the grammar for the writing MC?</p>

<p>I second this. I would like to know too.</p>

<p>it goes over the most common mistakes, such as verb tense and pronoun usage, but it's not going to go over the harder questions toward the end of the section because those are the most subtle errors. you'll probably score high 6 or low 7.</p>

<p>I've scored a 710 twice on Writing and I have only used 7 deadly screw-ups. I missed only 3-4 MCs both times, but I got a 10 on the essay. '7 Deadly Screw-ups' and the 'How to write a 12 essay in 12 days' guides should be enough to get you an 800 in the writing section.</p>

<p>I agree with maiden13. In my experience, it's not enough if you're looking for the difference between 75 and 80 (or even between 71 and 80). When I first started prepping for the SAT, I started off missing around 3 (which is usually 71), and I didn't really learn anything new reading the Sparknotes guide (and my practice tests scores didn't go up either). </p>

<p>So I decided to tackle the actual grammar concepts (when to use participles vs gerunds, etc). Silverturtle's Guide was helpful at this point, but as it's really long, I made my own notes from it and supplemented it with other information I found on the internet over concepts I had repeatedly struggled with.</p>

<p>I think this paid off because the last few practice tests I always got 78+ and on the May SAT I got 80MC. </p>

<p>So you might want to try to tackle the subtler aspects of SAT grammar if you're aiming for an 800.</p>

<p>Do you by any chance have the notes digitally? If so, can you upload them online or something?</p>