<p>Your assignment is
Sustainability and Collapse, Section 12
Lecture Time: MW 10:00 AM-10:50 AM
Lecture Location: 420-040
Lecturing Faculty: Heise,Ursula
Section Time: TTh 01:15 PM-02:05 PM
Section Location:
Section Instructor: </p>

<p>I don't know how I feel about it. It was my second choice. In terms of the class, it's my favorite and kinda a first choice, but I heard it has been a lot more work than other IHUMs, so I put Technological Visions of Utopia as my first choice (2nd in terms of my interest in the topic).</p>

<p>I took Journeys! It was good :)</p>

<p>I got my second choice too - Sustainability of Collapse. I ranked Technological Visions of Utopia first. A lot of people got their first choice on Facebook... I guess I am bummed, but it was a fairly close second. If I had gotten my third or lower I would have been frustrated. I got a great section time but it makes it very difficult for me to schedule Arabic.</p>

<p>SLE for me! Is that Tobias Wolff like the writer? that would be pretty cool. . .</p>

<p>yes it's tobias wolff the writer :)</p>

<p>Has anyone seen a listing of the sections offered for each IHUM? I got my first choice IHUM, but the section assignment with the TA conflicts with other classes of interest. Thanks.</p>

<p>We can petition during NSO to change our IHUM class right? Because mine conflicts with other classes...</p>

<p>Starting from NSO, and as you figure out classes, you'll have the chance to petition to change IHUMs, sections, etc. Same with PWR. Although changes are not guaranteed, the earlier you petition the more likely you are to get the change, especially as deadlines for setting classes comes closer and as popular IHUMs fill up.</p>

<p>That said, schedule according to your other classes. Don't not take a class because of an IHUM or PWR conflict.</p>

<p>Oh, and you can petition to just change your section if you like your IHUM. This becomes really important with your section leader, or "TF" (Basically a TA with a doctorate). If you get any kind of bad vibe from them, don't hesitate to change (as your schedule permits). Your TF determines your grade, and if you don't get along then get out. Compare with your friends on good/bad TFs.</p>

<p>You'll get a steady stream of emails notifying you about petition changes and links to the actual petitions. Keep tabs on your email the first 2 weeks.</p>