Stanford Court, Cornell Court, Ambrose, and Berkeley Court

<p>I’m a visiting grad student at UCI, and will be there from early September 2010 to June 2011. I’m looking at renting a 2-Bedroom or 3-Bedroom with private/shared bath apartment – I have a friend working in Irvine who also needs a place to rent. Both of us haven’t been to UCI, and are not familiar with the quality of the housing options there, so any comments would be helpful.</p>

<p>I’m looking at:

  1. Stanford Court (my top choice, if cost is to be considered)
  2. Ambrose Apartments
  3. Cornell Court
  4. Berkeley Court
  5. Dartmouth Court
  6. Vista del Campo/Vista del Campo Norte (last choice, as my friend is not a UCI student, so we’ll have to stay in different apartments)</p>

<p>My budget: up to $900 for rent, excluding utilities and internet. I also do not want to share a room, although I’m okay with sharing a bath. The same goes for my friend.</p>

<p>As only my friend has a car, I don’t expect parking to be a problem, but my main concern here is NOISE. I heard that apartments in this area have thin walls, and I want to know if there is an exception, or if this is really a problem. I appreciate a quiet place to live, where I don’t hear my neighbors’ TV from inside my place.</p>

<p>If possible, I also would like to live in apartments renovated within the past 4 years.</p>

<p>Which housing option would you recommend? I would like to stay in a place where I wouldn’t have to concern myself with complaints about maintenance, noisy neighbors, etc. Any comments would be very, very helpful. Thank you!!!</p>

<p>Stanford or any other UTC Court apt (Cornell, Berkeley, Dartmouth) might actually exceed your $900 budget if you’re doing private bath.</p>

<p>I might look into places like Park West, rent is from $1550-1700 for a 2bed/2bath. I’m actually living there next year and have a place for $1585 2bed/2bath. UCI shuttle comes every 20 minutes. 2 miles away.</p>

<p>Yes, from what I’ve heard from friends, Stanford has very thin walls.</p>

<p>Actually I recently talked to a Lady by the name of Stephanie at Stanford court they have a 2 br/2 bath for 1660~ iirc which is under your cost quota and it’s in spots 419/512 iirc . </p>

<p>So ask for Stephanie and they are available end of August</p>

<p>@junshik: Thanks for the info. I just want to ask – would you know the noise situation in Park West? Thanks!
@peter: Wow, that’s a lower price than the one they gave me a week earlier. Thanks!</p>

<p>If other things don’t work out you may be able try the townhomes at [Camino</a> del Sol](<a href=“http://www.caminodelsolliving.com%5DCamino”>http://www.caminodelsolliving.com) although i’m not sure if it’s just for undergrads or not (its the same company that owns VDC), but they seem pretty desperate with trying to sell their leases because they’re overpriced so they may even be willing to sell to non-students. (they even have this deal going on that if you refer someone you and them both get a $50 card towards rent) I know they were willing to give a lease to a potential-future student (but idk what happens if they don’t get accepted). If you only want it from sept-june the prices will be the more expensive ones to the right - e.g. 4 bed 4.5 bath = $893</p>

<p>I wouldn’t know about the noise situation at Park West since I have not moved in yet… you can always check out the reviews</p>

<p>[Park</a> West Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Los Angeles apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com](<a href=“http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/CA-Los-Angeles-Park-West-Apartments.html]Park”>http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/CA-Los-Angeles-Park-West-Apartments.html)</p>

<p>they’re actually pretty low reviews, but its what you get for the cheap price, and I’ve heard only good things from friends who have lived there and currently live there.</p>