International student not applying for financial aid
Intended major- Sociology and Communications
Should I apply REA at Harvard/ Stanford or ED at something like Vanderbilt?
GPA- 3.805 (UW)
- Cricket athlete (3 years nationals and 1 international tournament, captain of school team, nationally ranked)
- Started 2 startup projects. (first one aimed at promoting literacy and donated $2200 to local NGO, second one aimed at environmental conservation- designed sensor dustbins and received investment from HCL) Was also featured in a local magazine.
- Worked on a world series book with an author from UK and got it published by Cavendish Sq in New York. Only student selected for this country-wide.
- President of 3 School clubs- Model UN, Entrepreneurship and Debating. National MUN President. 32+ MUNs and debates. 7 Best delegate awards. 12 Executive board positions.
- Lead Volunteer in community service project. raised $7000+ in food supplies for village residents. 400 hours of volunteering thru high school.
- Pursued 2 internship opportunities as sociology research intern at regional institutions. published research paper in magazine.
- Started volunteer kitchen to provide subsidised meals and food supplies to people going thru financial hardship due to Covid-19.
- Vice President of student council from grade 11-12.
- Organised 3 Model UN conferences and 2 Entrepreneurship summits in my school.
This is just a gist of what my ECs look like. I have presented my ECs nicely on my application. My LORs are fairly strong as I asked teachers who know me well. in place of my counsellor, My principal has given me her recommendation(she only does this for a select few students)