Starting to Move On

<p>*Perhaps this is just too cheesy for words, but with the influx of decisions, both good and bad, perhaps it would be nice to have a thread where people can cry and rave a little, and perhaps, move on. *</p>

<p>Please remember, all of you, that what an institution decides does not say anything about your self worth. You are worth more than eight little letters, whether they say "accepted," "rejected," or "deferred." Please be good to yourself. </p>

<p>Feel free to rant and weep.</p>

<p>not really sad...just disappointed that I can't be the person I want to be.</p>

<p>lol so true</p>

<p>who is the person whom you want to be?</p>

<p>Who you are and who you want to be is entirely up to you.</p>

<p>yea i was being completely sarcastic. there are thousands of successful people who went to ivy leagues + mit & stanford and thousands of people who've failed who went to those schools.</p>

<p>something interesting i heard, "ivy league colleges are successful because of the students who go there, the college doesn't make the students successful". just because people who go to ivys are usually successful doesn't mean the college makes you successful. college really has almost 0 bearing on success if you have ambition and compassion. it just ends up being that ambitious people are accepted to good schools.</p>

<p>^ exactly! btw so happy so see a fellow persian (iranian) on this board! My real name is Pouya and my favorite persian king is Xerxes. Who's yours?</p>

<p>oh mine is dariush cuz i'm named after him! haha thats awesome, a fellow persian on the boards! did you apply early anywhere?</p>

<p>Khashayarshah = XerXes :P</p>