Stuck in college of engineering for 1st semester?

<p>I applied for the civil engineering major but now want to switch out to letters and science for public health and pre-haas. Am I stuck for there for 1 semester since I have to file an application to transfer colleges during my first semester?</p>

<p>Yes.
Change</a> of College</p>

<p>Yes but just take the classes a public health and pre-hass will take and ignore the CEE curriculum from now. The switch from CoE to L&S is pretty smooth so don't worry but afterwards into Hass that is another story. I'm just curious (since I almost did the same) why did you chose CEE and what made you decide to change?</p>

<p>Make sure to think of a plan B. Public health is severely impacted (hundreds on the waiting list) and pre-haas is never a sure thing.</p>

<p>@Dr. P: I chose CEE originally kind of out of randomness because Berkeley was the best school at that field, and I thought I might want to major in that and knew that transferring in from L and S would be really hard. But after talking to a few students about the work required, particularly the amount of fieldwork and labs which are two things I don't like, I decided against majoring in CEE.</p>

<p>Business and public health require some math and science and are easier, which is good for my GPA since I may want to go to law school. And there are more jobs in those fields compared to the really easy ________ Studies majors at Berkeley in case I don't want to, can't afford, or don't get accepted to good law schools.</p>

<p>@rofflez: What's a related major to public health or business that's not impacted?</p>

<p>Dude, CEE major is amazing. It's not about getting good grades or how easy the work is. The material you learn is enlightening! Besides, if you got accepted to College of Engineering in the first place, you must have some decent background in math and science. How about you take some engineering courses in the first semester and then consider it again?</p>

<p>You mention the amount of fieldwork and labs required; I really don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be. I can answer more of your concerns regarding CEE but there's a reason why it's number 1; the CEE major here has a lot more resources/better profs than at other universities. Unless you really aren't interested in math/science I would try to give CEE a shot; take CE92 your first semester, go to ASCE meetings, etc. to get a better feel of what CEE has to offer. If even after that you don't like it, then I'd suggest switching out your second semester.</p>