Student Income and CSS Profile/IM

<p>I have the opportunity to increase my amount of hours, but I read that you should not have above a certain income when applying for FA. From what I've seen no the forums, this is only for the FAFSA, right? </p>

<p>A lot of the schools that I will be applying to use the PROFILE. How is student income assessed in this formula? I tried to look at it using the net price calculators, but I'm not sure how accurate they are.</p>

<p>Any help would be appreciated!</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>If you can increase your hours, like the work and can earn some money, then do so. If you end up paying a portion of that for college...so be it.</p>

<p>The amount of money a student has IN the bank is tapped at 20% for FAFSA purposes. Presumably the Profile is about the same. </p>

<p>Are you going to earn $20,000? That is different than if you are going to earn $3000.</p>

<p>Many Profile schools expect a STUDENT contribution to college costs of a couple thousand dollars. Working would help you earn that.</p>

<p>I'm already making around 5-6k, but could bump it up a bit more. Do colleges normally take a percent of income or leave it be unless you make a ton of money?</p>