Study abroad at University of Exeter

<p>So, I am planning on studying abroad at Exeter for the academic year of 2011-2012. I am an English major with an art history minor and was wondering if there is anyone who has studied at Exeter already who would have some advice.</p>

<p>How do the classes work? If anyone has studied abroad, which system is more intense - US or British? What advice does anyone have for an international, study abroad student? Which dorm is the best?</p>

<p>I pretty much have no idea as to, well, everything, so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)</p>

<p>I doubt you will get any useful answers on this board, ask on the student room (the British counterpart to college confidentil). Exeter is a good uni though so im sure you'll have fun and find it academically enriching.</p>

<p>Exeter is a smaller university so it doesn't come as highly in the rankings as it should. But don't let this fool you, it is well regarded and very selective. Academically, I'd put it on the same level as St Andrews. It's also a nice part of the country, with good weather - by UK standards at least - and surfing. I know someone doing civil engineering there and the course is intensive, but the teaching is good. Methods will vary greatly between departments though so I recommend just going on their website. Their Student Union may have an online mentoring scheme where you can email questions to current undergraduates, so check that out too.</p>