Studying Abroad before Freshman year of college, at London School Of Economics......

<p>I am a high school senior who plans on going to medical school. I wanted to study abroad at LSE for 3 weeks in a course like marketing, international relations, finanice, or mangament, or ecomics. Would Medical Schools consider this, since it was the year before my freshman year. Would it look good if I studied at LSE for three weeks?</p>

<p>It is eligible for your application, but nobody is going to care in the slightest.</p>

<p>^^ really, it won’t help my chances at all? I thought med schools liked kids who have diverse interests. I plan on majoring in economics as an undergrad, with a concentration in health economics/medical economics…</p>

<p>Three weeks doesn’t matter enough to alter anybody’s impression of your interests.</p>

<p>

Don’t do things for the sake of helping your chances, or try to mold yourself into what you think med schools like. I’m not saying this from an admission committee’s point of view, I’m saying it as a pre-med who knows that you will drive yourself crazy or become miserable trying to be what you think is the “perfect applicant”. If you do something, do it because you want to do it.</p>

<p>I see what you are saying. I guess I can do it, for the experience. As an undergerduate I plan on actually studying abroad at LSE for 6 months to a year. So I can use the experience over the summer to get used to the school. Do you think studying abroad for 6 months to a year, actually helps with medical schools…I am not studying something science related either, most likely economic history or economics(medical economics concentration.)…</p>

<p>I can imagine that if you use it as a growing experience and can speak/write coherently on it, that it might be impressive.</p>

<p>I wouldn’t think it’s an automatic boost or anything, but it might be a good launching pad.</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/pre-med-topics/214387-what-should-premed-major.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/pre-med-topics/214387-what-should-premed-major.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>3 weeks abroad isn’t substantial in the slightest and none of your international coursework will count towards your AMCAS GPA or your BCPM GPA. Also be mindful that LSE only accepts study abroad students, full-time for one year (there is no 6 month option, same goes for Oxford and Cambridge). The program sounds cool though…I’d love to have spent 3 weeks during my high school –> college summer studying in London. I wouldn’t do it for any sort of resume booster, but I’d do it for the fun experience you’ll get out of it.</p>

<p>^^^I am a high school senior nub, what does bcpm stand for…</p>

<p>Bio Chem Physics Math GPA</p>

<p>Is that the gpa thats considered, when students talk about their “science gpa”, I am not a science major but will be an economics major. Do science majors have the majority of their science classes counted towards their “science gpa”…I plan on taking the required courses for medical school and then 1-2 classes that might help me with medical school…</p>

<p>Yes, BCPM GPA is the official term for what many people (incorrectly) call their “Science GPA.” Any course taken in those four departments (and a couple others) will count towards the BCPM GPA.</p>

<p>^^^ its good I am not majoring in a science, I’d probably get owned junior year with the advanced classes…</p>

<p>

I certainly hope not, it’s not like med school classes are going to be any easier.</p>

<p>^ 37</p>