suggestions for places to stay in Barcelona?

<p>Can anyone recommend a safe place to stay either hostel or hotel for a single young lady in Barcelona Spain?</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>we rented an apartment in Barcelona; it was awesome, and we paid less than we would have for a hotel....it was one block from Las Ramblas..I don't remember the exact site we found it, but we found it online...it was managed by a central office. Actually, we were traveling w/ our 2 daughters and got 2 one-bedroom apartments in the same building....the girls LOVED it---in theirs, the bedroom was in a loft w/ a circular stairway to get to it!!!</p>

<p>From what I hear, all of Habitat's flats are nice. I think they have some small ones as well as large ones.</p>

<p>This is a website that was recently highly recommended. Hostels</a> in Europe - cheap hostels - budget accommodation - backpacking in Europe</p>

<p>the above link goes to Hostels</a> in Europe - cheap hostels - budget accommodation - backpacking in Europe.</p>

<p>It's a link to famous hostels all over Europe, with one of the locations being in Barcelona.</p>

<p>When? My daughter is traveling to Barcelona for a weekend in about 2 weeks... last I heard she didn't know where she was staying, but I can ask her for an update on her plans. (I've kind of given up on worrying about these things on my end --- if your d. is traveling later, then I can ask my d for a report as to wherever she ends up staying).</p>

<p>This is the hostel in Barcelona that was recommended by students who are/were recently studying abroad through NYU - Europe's</a> Famous Hostels: The Kabul Hostel: Barcelona, Spain. It's the Kabul hostel. The students who are in the know are familiar with these hostels and have actually been recent guests, and the hostals are very popular with the students.</p>

<p>I don't know if this is the same in other European countries, but in Spain a hostal is a small hotel usually a 2 or 3 star rating with rooms similar to a hotel. a hostel is usually a larger place with dorm like rooms, although some will have single or double rooms.</p>

<p>My son will be in Barcelona during a race weekend, so hostels, hostals, and hotels were either full or way too expensive. We found a few B&B's in Barcelona that were very attractive. We booked a B&B for my son since he was going to be there for 5 days alone. The owner speaks English and will act as a tour guide. I email the man for additional informations and he has called me 3 times in one day to chat!! I figured he would be a help to my son while in a country where he doesn't speak the language. Trip Advisor has great reviews about this man's place; more about him than his home, but we have been please with him. I only hope it works out as well while my son is there.</p>

<p>thanks for the information. daughter will be there towards the end of march for a couple of nights.</p>

<p>busyparent,
I sent you a pm.</p>

<p>thought I would post back with a small world story.</p>

<p>My daughter took your advice and booked a bed in the Kabul Hostel. I was worried because she was to be alone for the two nights in Barcelona. She walked into the hostel for the first time to check in and there were three kids from her high school in the lobby! They go to other colleges and were also passing through Barcelona on break. amazing.</p>

<p>She says the hostel is very well located and you have to use a key to get into the building, the elevator, your room, and your locker so she feels pretty secure.</p>

<p>Thanks for the tip.</p>

<p>busyparent,
I am so glad that the recommendation worked out and that by coincidence, your D met three kids from her high school. D will be going there soon, since she's currently in Amsterdam - and the weather there doesn't look that great. How was the weather in Barcelona? Thanks for the tips on the hostel, and again, relieved that she had the other kids to hang out with at the hostel, etc.</p>