Suggestions on classes to take over the summer

<p>So I'm starting FSU in the fall and I'm wondering what classes should I take at that time (i.e. required classes?) Any suggestions?</p>

<p>The prerequisite classes for my major are:
ACG X021 (3) Introduction to Financial Accounting
CGS X060 (3) Computer Literacy or CGS X100 (3)
CTE X401 (3) Introductory Textile Science
ECO X013 (3) Principles of Macroeconomics
ECO X023 (3) Principles of Microeconomics
FAD X230 (3) Family Relations
PSY X012 (3) General Psychology or SYG X000 (3) Intro. to Sociology or SYG X010 (3) Social Problems
MAC X105 (3) College Algebra or an approved alternative</p>

<p>Which ones are do able for the summer term?</p>

<p>You can use this site to find which courses are offered for the summer:</p>

<p>Course</a> Lookup Search Form</p>

<p>As far as which you SHOULD take for the summer, I would recommend taking ONE of those courses if it is offered, or take one of the other liberal studies requirements (like ENC1101 or 2, MAC1105, something like that) if you need them, and then balancing it with something fun that fulfills an elective requirement like Multicultural Film, Modern Popular Music, or something else that you find interesting. That way you still have a fun and you get some credits out of the way at the same time.</p>

<p>It's usually not too smart taking a math class like college algebra or calculus in the summer, especially in a short 6 week term semester, because if you get behind it's hard to catch up in the fast paced short session.</p>

<p>Unless you're strong with Algebra, I wouldn't take that over Summer.</p>

<p>If you are still in need of English credits, take ENC 1101 or 1102 over summer. 6 weeks, 3 papers. It's perfect; 2 weeks per paper. Just means you have less procrastination time. :D</p>

<p>CGS 2100 is DEFINITELY a summer class to take, as well as Family Relations. SYG (sociology) isn't too difficult, as a beginner course. If you're going to take one class at a time during summer (completing 3 by the fall) then you'd probably be alright to take a math, assuming that you're reasonably strong in math (which you probably are, since you're a business major).</p>