Summer 2012 Transfer

<p>I have been going to Schoolcraft College for a year and a half now. I wanted to transfer to MSU this winter, but they completely closed this semester to transfer students. When the application became available last summer, I applied immediately and selected the first available semester for enrollment which was Summer 2012.</p>

<p>My application was submitted Aug 17. At the time, I had 38 transferable credits and a 3.93 GPA. After a few weeks, I received an email saying they would not review my application until I submitted a Fall 2011 transcript and a list of courses I intended on taking this winter.</p>

<p>At the end of the Fall 2011 semester, I had accumulated 56 transferable credits and had a GPA of 3.95. I sent over the transcript at the end of December. Supposedly my application has finally been processed and is now being reviewed as of January 13, 2012. It's been under review for over four weeks now and this just seems to be taking FOREVER!</p>

<p>I have selected finance as my major, so I understand that it has to go through MSU and then the school of business, but it's been about 6 months since I applied and still no word!</p>

<p>Does anyone know about how long it normally takes for transfer students to hear if they have been admitted? Am I attempting to do something impossible by trying to transfer in for the summer semester?</p>

<p>Impossible? No. Decisions can take up to 12 weeks after everything is received and they often do take quite a long time. Freshmen admissions get priority and it's a busy time for them. </p>

<p>Why do you want to transfer summer semester? Wouldn't it make more sense to just start in fall? Just curious. </p>

<p>Hang tight at Scraft for the semester. If it makes you feel any better, you can't start registering for summer classes for another month, month and a half so getting admitted right now won't do anything for ya anyway. </p>

<p>I don't know how the business school works so I don't know the answer to your other question.</p>

<p>Well, I hope it doesn’t take another 8 weeks! It just seems a little silly because they had everything they needed from me to make a decision 6 months ago.</p>

<p>Anyway, I decided on summer because I’m looking to make up for lost time. It’s a long story, but I’m trying to get a degree as quick as possible. Any courses I can complete now are courses I won’t have to do later. However, I’m open to your reasoning for why this is a stupid decision on my part?</p>

<p>I hear ya that I won’t be able to register for classes now… I’m just looking for a little peace of mind and I’m a planner so I kind of want to know where I’m going to be headed in a few months. </p>

<p>Thanks for the response..</p>

<p>First, I never said it was a stupid decision- I just asked if it would make more sense to start in the fall. </p>

<p>They weren't doing ANYTHING with transfers 6 months ago. They had a hell of a mess on their hands with the over-enrollment fiasco and therefore didn't do anything transfers. Secondly, again, freshmen get priority which is why it's going so damn slow. </p>

<p>Out of curiosity, is financial aid going to be a factor? Even if you get admission by summer, I'm not sure whether there is going to be any FA left for summer classes.</p>

<p>Sorry, I didn't mean that you thought it was a stupid idea. Your comment made me think that perhaps I was making a poor decision by trying to transfer in the summer. I'd just like to know why you think it would make more sense to transfer in the fall? I can't take anymore classes at Schoolcraft that will transfer to MSU and I want to continue on through the summer so, I'm kind of at a fork in the road. </p>

<p>Financial aid isn't an issue for me so no worry there.</p>

<p>If FA isn't an issue, than no worries- summer is fine. </p>

<p>The reason I asked about fall is because many Scraft people have local jobs and will continue to work there in the summer to earn money. It's also sometimes hard to find housing if you don't want to live on campus, etc. That's all :)</p>