Suppressing Scores

<p>Any possible negative impacts resulting from suppressing scores from a school which suggests you send all your scores? Any positive impacts other than honesty from doing it? Does anyone really suppress scores?</p>

<p>Personally my SAT history is pretty abysmal - two sub 2100s and one sub 2200 but my ACT score is a 35 - Does this hurt my chances at ivies?</p>

<p>You're overthinking this. The 35 is obviously your best but your SATs don't negate the fact that you'll be seen as academically qualified for any college extant.</p>

<p>Whatever Ivy colleges accept or reject you, it won't be because of the fact of your 35 or your SATs. At this point, it'll be the other factors. Congrats and good luck.</p>

<p>Colleges that require all scores don't just "suggest" it. For any "all scores" college, you need to check the actual rules because what "all scores" means varies among those colleges. Three examples, (a) Stanford requires you to report both all SAT and all ACT scores, but you can send any SAT IIs you want; (b) Yale requires that if you send any SAT or SAT II scores you must send all SATs and SAT IIs; however, you can choose just to send all ACTs and not send any SATs or SAT IIs; (c) Cornell when it says all scores means all SAT, SAT II and ACT scores.</p>

<p>Thus, check each school's actual rules when deciding what to send.</p>

<p>You should also check what your high school puts on official transcripts sent to colleges when you apply for admission because your attempt to withhold scores by exercising score choice with College Board may be all for naught. Many high schools put all your scores on your transcript. If yours is one of those high schools, then the only thing you will accomplish by exercising score choice with College Board is to prove to the college that requires all scores that you tried to cheat since it won't get all the offical scores from CB but will see all the missing ones on your transcript.</p>