Survey about Cinderella--please help!

<p>I am writing a reasearch paper for my english course, and part of my premise is that the Cinderella stories give stepmothers an unnecessarily hard time of it. It would really help me if you could answer the following question and put your age and state/country :)</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Did your first impressions of a stepmother come from your experiences of "Cinderella"?</p>

<p>yes...however I am not sure I knew what a step-mother was at that age nor would I have thought to ask.</p>

<p>Sax took the words out of my mouth.</p>

<p>probably... although with all the other "evil step-mother" stories, It really could have been any of them...
state/country: Indiana, USA</p>

<p>Awesome! Thanks all! please keep responses coming :)</p>

<p>I don't know if it was cinderella... like the veganactress said, there are so many other stories that has the evil step mother thing going on... I had a 40 fairytale book set when i was young so it could've been any of them. in fact there's a korean version of cinderella that could've been it.... But I actually did know what a step mother was even at a young age .</p>

<p>Age 18 state-california,US</p>

<p>I actually didn't know what Stepmother actually meant.</p>

<p>I just assumed:</p>

<p>Stepmother = Evil woman who comes into your house to take money and treats you like crap, whilst treating your dad nicely.</p>

<p>Yeah, I agree with the people above. There's so much of this critical view of stepmothers around that it's hard to pinpoint one place... But Cinderella definetly didn't hurt, that's for sure.</p>

<p>Age 16
from NY,USA</p>