<p>One of my (smart and organized) friends made a binder for her daughter to keep critical info together on her daughter's college out of state. She and I realized that actually, there should really be TWO binders - one for me to keep at home, and one for DD to keep at school. Purpose: easy access to numbers, info, etc that is likely to be quickly needed. </p>
<p>I would love to hear if others did this, and what they included! So far, </p>
<p>DD's Binder (Assumes that we start together at home, adn she adds on her own when she is there. Assumes that anything confidential would be either locked up or otherwise protected)
1. Student Number, email address, phone and addresses for common university depts.
2. Contact Info for Family Members living close in case she needs a "quick hug or cheer up"
3. 10 favorite recipes that can be made with a pan and a spoon that she could make if she just couldn't stand one more dorm meal<br>
4. Contact Info for Southwest and JetBlue with her frequent flyer numbers
5. Copies of warrantees of printer, computer
6. Contact info for cell phone service
7. Contacts for storage facilities for summer
8. Place to start a "Brag Sheet" like she did in last two years of high school to remind her of contact info and responsibilities that might come in handy for resumes and recommendations
9. Transcript info and place for notes on who NOT to take for various classes from upper classmen
10. Health insurance info</p>
<p>WHAT ARE OTHER PEOPLE'S IDEAS?? I have a "brain book" like this at my office for work and one for home - they are INVALUABLE. If it isn't in there, I don't know it!</p>