I have been accepted to Sweet Briar College as part of the Class of 2022. I currently attend a small college preparatory private school with about 375+ upper school students and a friend of mine from my school attends SBC as a sophomore. I am very interested in the equestrian program and like the small private school feel. I would appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:
- What is it like to attend a very small school/women's only college?
- Are the stereotypes accurate? (ie: girls are only there to find their future husband, very snooty, equestrians dominate student population, etc...)
- What are the advantages of attending a VERY small private school over a large state school or a medium sized private one?
- What are the best things to do at SBC?
- Best SBC traditions?
- Is it very cliquey?
- Was it hard to adjust to Sweet Briar when you first came or no?
- What is the best thing about the equestrian program? (My primary interest)
- What is the party scene/Mixers with fellow brother schools/UVA like?
- What are the academics like/overall class size?
- Is it worth visiting? What should I know/be prepared for when I visit?
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to answer my questions. I really appreciate it.