T.o

<p>How many courses are required in T.O. compared to G.E courses. Also, is there a foreign language requirement for T.O. students?</p>

<p>There are four Thematic Option courses with two associated writing courses and two theme courses. So, eight all together. The foreign language requirement depends on your school/major - most have it, but I believe some don't whether you choose TO or not (all Dornsife majors DO have a foreign language requirement, most Viterbi majors do not, except for Computer Science, for example). Check the requirements for your major. There is also a diversity requirement that must be satisfied for your GE whether or not you choose TO.</p>

<p>You take the same number of courses as the regular GE. Just as with the regular GE, two courses can be waived with AP scores of 4 or 5 - in the case of TO, it is the theme courses that may be waived. Please see the Thematic Option Handbook and the AP articulation page for details on which AP courses may be used.</p>

<p>Thematic</a> Option > USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences</p>

<p>USC</a> ARR : Articulation : AP Exam Credit at USC</p>

<p>Thematic Option Handbook: <a href="http://dornsife.usc.edu/assets/sites/1/docs/honors/Thematic_Option_Student_Handbook_2010.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://dornsife.usc.edu/assets/sites/1/docs/honors/Thematic_Option_Student_Handbook_2010.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Thematic Option is a GREAT program.</p>

<p>Thanks! The whole foreign language requirement makes me mad... I dont like languages</p>

<p>if you have an AP Foreign language score of 4-5 that will; satisfy the USC graduation language requirement.</p>

<p>USC</a> ARR : Articulation : Advanced Placement Exams</p>

<p>too bad latin doesn't count... I guess i really didn't think through taking latin...</p>

<p>Bookworm-I think you MAY be able to take language pass/fail. Don't quote me on that and do your research, but I think you may.</p>

<p>YES! WE CAN! FAQs</a> > USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences That just saved me a lot of stress. BUT, does anyone know wht level of difficulty of these classes... for example the Persian classes?</p>

<p>bookworm, you can also take a placement test in latin to determine where you place and how many more classes you would need to take to fulfill the language requirement.
Welcome</a> to the USC Orientation Programs Website</p>

<p>I'm not sure why a 4-5 on the Latin AP tests is no longer accepted , you may be able to get an exemption if you do well on the AP Latin test. Its worth a try, that is if you are taking AP Latin this year.</p>

<p>hmmm.... its worth a shot!</p>

<p>If I'm not mistaken, AP Latin is not actually a test of Latin the way AP French is a test of AP French; it's more of a test of specific literature? I think. But don't quote me on that.</p>

<p>yeh it is. Its mostly on Vergil's work, the Aeneid, but you have to have an advanced knowledge of Latin. I.e. they ask for direct translations, lots of grammar questions, etc.</p>

<p>arrange to do a placement test- review well and dont do it on a day you are likely to be tired- I'll be you can do well enough to the 3 semesters of F. Language requirement.</p>