<p>Any chance UCSB will do the TAA again for students who want admission for 2007. I know they say it is only for 2006 admission, but any chance it will be renewed for 2007.</p>
<p>For the TAA do you have to sign any contract, or do you just apply, and compleate the requirements it list, and you will be admited.</p>
<p>The TAA’s don’t go away or change all the time, but there are only certain periods to apply for them. I was under the impression that you sign the TAA contract around when you register for your first year of college (for example, beginning of 2 years at a community college). I was looking into them because I was likely to be going to a community college before I applied (according to my high school counsellor <em>rolls eyes</em>). After you have completed the requirements, you simply register and are given guaranteed admission. </p>
<p><a href=“http://www.admissions.ucsb.edu/prospective/index.asp?context=prospective_transfer[/url]”>http://www.admissions.ucsb.edu/prospective/index.asp?context=prospective_transfer</a></p>
<p>Read all of the second bullet =).</p>
<p>The Assist website says UCSB requires no contract, but each year the TAA is subject to change.</p>
<p>In that case, I would contact an academic advisor or the equivalent counsellor at your university about worries :). It probably doesn’t change too much, but its likely that the most revised TAA isn’t out yet if there are changes.</p>
<p>1) Unforunatly, the TAA requirement for 2007 (that is, students entering community college this fall and transfering in two years) isn’t announced yet, and won’t be until probably something like July or August next year. It is subject to change, but I doubt it’ll change drastically. For example, for many Letters & Sciences majors at UC Davis, 2.8 was the minimum GPA required. However, a few months before the application period for Davis, it was announced that the guaranteed transfer GPA was being raised to a 2.9. So GPA’s are subject to change, but I don’t think it will be anything drastic, if it even happens.</p>
<p>2) No contract required for UCSB. You basically don’t have to do anything except check the “UCSB Transfer Admission Agreement” box during the UC application. Event then, I recall a few people who forgot to check that and still got in, so they probably just check to make sure you met all the requirements.</p>