taking another language before graduating

<p>I am scheduled to graduate in spring 07.</p>

<p>In college, I have studied French, Italian, and Hungarian (for my Linguistics requirement).</p>

<p>There is a possibility that I may have room in the fall of my final year to take one more intro language course. I may or may not be able to.</p>

<p>I'm a Linguistics major with particular interest in Romance Languages. I took Spanish in high school and would love to jump back on the wagon since I've forgotten a lot. I can understand a lot at conversation club meetings but I cannot respond due to lack of grammar and vocab.</p>

<p>I'm also curious about Portuguese, as I have never studied it but have only heard it spoken....seems like it would be challenging for me, but a welcome challenge.</p>

<p>And then of course there is Latin. Some grad programs require or advise knowing some Latin. I know this would actually be the harder of any of the languages I am considering, but it may be helpful. I planned, however, to possibly take Latin as an elective while in Grad school. </p>

<p>Would it be better for me to try and start Latin before I graduate or start Portuguese or pick up Spanish again?</p>

<p>My educational goals are grad school for one of the areas I mentioned above or maybe even something else (like W. Euro Studies or something). My career goals don't deal with teaching but do involve getting use out of my language skills--preferably working for the government, but I am not sure exactly. My personal goal is to become multilingual.</p>