Taking AP tests in college

<p>I took many AP tests in high school, and now I'm in college. Unfortunately, several of the tests I took and passed didn't get me out of any classes. </p>

<p>At $82/test, I'm thinking about taking AP tests to get out of a few courses, while I am enrolled in college. I could just take the course, but the books and units add up to much more than $82, so the economically viable choice would be to take APs instead. </p>

<p>Of course, the AP test would probably be much harder than the actual college course, I'm not set on doing it just yet, but I would like to consider my options. Are you allowed to take AP tests while in college?</p>

<p>I have not heard of colleges accepting AP's taken after you are already in college but you should check with your own college. Many have their own programs where a student can take college administered tests to pass out of courses.</p>

<p>why don't you take CLEP</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies. I checked with my college and some courses can be tested out of using their own tests. Also, CLEP looks just like what I was looking for. Its cheaper ($55/test) and designed to shorten your time in college. I'll definitely look into it.</p>


<p>If you're still wondering, I've heard of college students taking both AP tests and SAT II exams in order to test out of lower-level classes.</p>