Taking classes at Tisch while going to NYU CAS?

<p>I really want to minor in theater and got accepted to NYU CAS.
Does tisch allow non-tisch students to take classes there?</p>

<p>Thanks so much!</p>

<p>There is no minor in drama at Tisch. However, students in CAS may take the Open Arts classes.</p>

<p>My daughter is also going to NYU in the CAS and wants to take courses at Tisch. We found out that some of the Open Arts Curriculum classes include costly fees. For instance, an animation course costs an extra $500 per class.</p>

<p>It's not too surprising that a course like animation, or photography, or film, would have additional course fees for materials, etc. These charges are likely to also apply to similar coursework for Tisch majors. The OP is asking about theatre classes, since this is the MT forum, and I've never heard of any additional fees for a theatre OAC class. To be sure sandybrooke, give Tisch a call.</p>

<p>there are always studio/lab fees, majors pay them too. yeah you can take open arts classes but there are only a few for acting. a better idea might be to take classes in the city, or to do a summer program with one of the nyu studios (eg Atlantic, Adler, etc). there's no official minor in any Tisch subject to my knowledge. apart from Cinema Studies, maybe?</p>