Last year I had a 99% average in Honors Spanish and I had a good relationship with my teacher. However, this year my teacher thinks I am unmotivated (which I am not) and I don’t think she likes me anymore. Once, I was absent, so I handed in an assignment a couple of days late, and overall, I have not found this class as easy. However, she thinks I am not doing as well this year because I am taking to many hard classes this year and I am overworking myself (and she discussed this with me). Last year I asked her for a college reccomendation and I think she wrote it over the summer. Should I still use her reccomendation? Do you think she changed it this year? Please Help ASAP
She is the only person who can answer this question. Make an appointment to sit down with her outside of class time, and talk about the LOR. If she does not believe that she can write a good letter for you, she will tell you that. Perhaps in not those exact words, but she will give you a clear signal that you should consider finding another person to write the LOR.
I admit to being a bit lost here: “Once, I was absent, so I handed in an assignment a couple of days late” If you were absent for a few days, then it’s understandable. But a kid who is absent for a single day typically hands in assignments at most a day after his/her return.
Speak to your guidance counselor and see whether the letter was submitted.
If so, then you still need to speak to your Spanish teacher-- it’s only mid October and you’ll have to straighten things out soon or you’re in for a long year.