<p>NYU - Tisch School - Recording Arts
Berklee College of Music
Boston University
University of Mass - Boston
American University
University of Texas - Austin</p>
<p>Okay so I am applyng to all of the above schools, but I have a problem with my test scores.</p>
<p>First off,
I was in Pre-International Baccalaureate for two years
all classes were PIB:
English I and II
AP US History, World History
French I and II
Biology, Chemistry
Algebra II, Geometry</p>
<p>In addition, I also had
Photography I, Creative Photography
Drama I, Women’s Ensemble
Debate I, 1 Semester of P.E.</p>
<p>Then I made the decision, with special permission from my principal, IB counselor, and junior counselor to graduate a complete year early from high school (this was made in decision on the first day of the Fall 2008 Semester). Berklee College of Music does not care about the IB program, and that is really where I want to go, so I thought two more years would be not worth it - especially with the rapid change of the music industry nowadays. I was also forced to exit the IB program because of the requirements.</p>
<p>I am now enrolled in:
AP Statistics, AP English
Comp. Applications 1, Web Page Design
(At a local college): Int’l Relations, American Fed. Gov’t
Field Ecology (branch off of biology)
another semester of p.e. (eeek)
Honors English III
Concert Choir / Madrigals
Government (but taking AP Exam)</p>
<p>ANYWAYS, as soon as I made the decision to graduate early… I had to immediately take the ACT (since I didn’t take as a sophomore) for the others schools that I was applying to.</p>
<p>Composite: 25 Science & Math: 26 Writing: 24 English 25</p>
<p>My GPA is 3.89 and I’m in the top 5% of my class.</p>
<p>that really sucks.
and I don’t know how to let colleges know that
I basically took the test after only having two years of high school -
plus I’m graduating a year early…
I want them to look at that score and interpret it differently than normal… you know?
(like that I learn quickly, not that I didn’t learn anything)</p>
<p>I am wanting to study music, more importantly the recording arts.
I have a pretty nice resume and portfolio put together considering I just turned seventeen two days ago.
I’ve spent a lot of time on all of the essays (weeks)
guitar lessons for I think 7 years. vocal lessons for 10
went to Berklee College of Music this summer 5-week program
singer/songwriter
[MySpace.com</a> - Suzy Shinn - Wichita, Kansas - Acoustic / Pop / Soul - <a href=“http://www.myspace.com/suzyshinn[/url]”>www.myspace.com/suzyshinn](<a href=“http://www.myspace.com/suzyshinn]MySpace.com”>bipolarbear (suzyshinn) on Myspace)</a>
is my website - but everything recorded is done by me alone in my bedroom -nobody else
it’s not a lot, but i just want these schools to know that with what I’ve been given, I’ve gone far</p>
<p>I don’t know</p>
<p>What are my chances do you think?
Any pointers?
or what should I do about these stupid ACT scores - I know that if I would have stayed another year I would have had a much higher score.</p>
<p>LONG POST! wheew sorry</p>
<p>thank you & happy holidays</p>