I could swear that Ovi was in the air when he shot that goal yesterday.
lots of bad series in the 2nd round… the Caps/Rangers series is very intense. Caps up 3-1 after tonight, but Caps have been known to blow 3-1 series leads before…
The New York Rangers lost again, do dah, do dah… 
The 3 Bees line does it again…all they need is ONE MORE GAME.
I must confess, I didn’t think “my” Blackhawks would sweep the Wild. I’m happy they did, especially with the Roszival injury - which looked awful in the replay. Q will have to figure out D-parings in an already over-worked top 4.
And I feel compelled to point out Patrick Kane’s spectacular play after having a broken clavicle which required surgery!
“Patrick Kane (1G, 1A) collected his 4th multi-point outing of the postseason to extend his point streak (6G, 4A) to a league-best 7 games.”<<<<< from the Chicago Blackhawks twitter feed.
Watching Kaner play is so much fun! 
Rangers take game 5 with the help of a questionable call that took away a Caps goal.
Caps will need to win on Sunday, or they will likely blow ANOTHER playoff series where they had a 2 game lead.
Soccerguy, I was thinking of you as we watched the game last night, and all the years that you’ve been cheering for the Caps in the playoffs. I don’t like the Rangers and so have been rooting for the Caps. I think that it was interesting that Kelly Hrudey disagreed with the call on the disallowed goal.
Tampa Bay Lightning still just one win away from capturing Eastern Conference semifinal playoff series. Lightning beat Montreal all five regular season games, beat them first three playoff games this series…don’t want to be losing to Montreal now!
opinions seem to be somewhat split on the Caps disallowed goal…
with so many years of playoff disappointment (back to the 90s), I try to keep my expectations low as a shield for my emotions, haha.
The Caps finally have a real hockey coach (their previous 4 coaches that Ovechkin has had had never coached in the NHL before. Nonetheless, it is very frustrating because we should’ve hired an experienced coach when we got rid of Bruce Boudreau (who is now coaching the Ducks), but instead we wasted more years in the career of someone who will be one of the top 5 goal scorers in the history of the NHL.
We also went out and got 2 veteran good defensemen this year… something we have been needing for the last 5 years.
Montreal beats Tampa Bay 2-1 in a nailbiting game.
TB ahead 3-2 in the series. Montreal has been down 3-0 ten times and has never made it past game 5. Is this the year for a full comeback?
Last few minutes of Montreal/Tampa game last night were super exciting…both teams played their hearts out. Both teams have backs up against wall now…they are well matched.
sigh…
Darn those Rangers.
The Lightning team has Canadians right where they want them now to end this series…back home in Tampa for Tuesday night’s game. The RealFeel temp outside now in Tampa is 108 degrees…the Canadians will be bacon before they even get on the ice.
will there be any ice inside? or will the hockey game be played in a swimming pool?
lol
Water polo hockey!
Thunder is still rumbling in Tampa Bay after Lightning’s Tuesday night win with Canadiens. Can’t wait for Saturday’s game against Rangers at Madison Square Garden…wish I could be there, will watch game on TV.
Sorry, soccer guy. I have to admit that this 50+ years hockey fan is losing interest this year, with the elimination of so many teams I liked.
My daughter was raised in Lightning territory, but now works for the Rangers in NY. Asked her who she was rooting for, she replied “the paycheck”.
Caps have blown more 3-1 leads than any other team in the NHL (actually, I think they own 15-20% of the blown 3-1 leads in the history of the playoffs).
bummer.
audiophile… looks like you have a smart kid, haha 